Saturday, February 2, 2013

UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships, Louisville, Kentucky 2013



Katie Compton on her way to a Silver Medal


Georgia Guold looking strong
World Champion Marianne VosMarianne.

 Vos (Netherlands), Elite Women, 1st place
“The plan was to do a good race, and of course I didn’t expect to get such a big gap from the first lap
on. It is America, of course Katie had some struggles in the beginning and it made the gap possible for
me in the first lap. I had to get the feel of the course on the first lap and I didn’t feel controlled, but
after that I took the lead and tried to make my own pace and keep concentrating until the end. Of
course I saw my advantage grow and that keeps you motivated.”
“I have to say the Americans are really cool and were cheering for me too. Getting the world
championship is really an amazing feeling, and it is different because it is in America and it is the first
time it is overseas, so that makes it special. In the end, it is the same race with the same racers, and for
me the pressure gets higher every year because people expect me to win.”
The Elite Womens Podium :Silver Medalist Katie Compton, Gold Medalist Marianne Vos and Bronze Medalist Lucie Chainel-Lefevre
Marianne Vos winning Gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment