Friday, February 8, 2013

 More from the Elite women's race.
 Marianne Vos, of the Netherlands won her her first consecutive title in the Elite Women's race. American Katie Compton was second and Lucie Chainel-Lefevre of France was third.




Katie Compton (U.S.A.) , Elite Women, 2nd place
“I had a little struggle at the start, just a little mechanical issue. I just got stuck in traffic, and I think
everyone from third spot to the top ten and I just had to wait to pass. I just kept making silly mistakes
and trying to get around where I shouldn’t have. After a couple of laps I just regrouped and relaxed and
started riding my race, refocusing, being smooth and started chasing people down.”
“Luckily enough, I’ve had plenty of practice chasing all this year and recovering from crappy starts, so
I figure – what’s one more. I did everything I could and Marianne [Vos] obviously had a gap. The
thought of not winning a medal here was heartbreaking, so there is no way in hell that was going to
happen. I put everything out there and rode with a lot of heart and did everything I could.”
“After that ride in St. Windel, that was way more disappointing today. Today I felt like I won a silver,
not that I got second. After going through those emotions in St. Windel, I wasn’t going to put myself in
that spot again. I rode well, I made some mistakes, yes, but that is all I can do. Getting second to
Marianne [Vos] isn’t too shabby, so I’m happy.”








 Crazy American fans

 Belgium fans

No comments:

Post a Comment