Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In the Junior and Under 23 Men's races, the Netherlands was the victor, with Mathieu van der Poel - son of legend Adri van der Poel - winning the Junior race ahead of teammate Martijn Budding.  Mike Teunissen made his move in the final lap to win the Men Under-23 title ahead of Belgian duo Wietse Bosmans and Wout van Aert.






Mathieu van der Poel (Netherlands), Men Juniors, 1st place
"I felt good from l the beginning and the snow was definitely good for me because it was more
technical and that is always good for me.”
“The first world championship is always more special, because last year in Koksijde, there was really a
battle for it, and now I just had time to celebrate and I knew when I entered the last round that it was
for me. Last year I just need to give it all through the last round to win it, so this year is different for
me.”























No comments:

Post a Comment